Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'M MOVING


Okay don't get too excited. I am not moving back to Ohio yet. I have decided to stay another year in sunny California. I have been looking for a new apartment closer to work for months. I have had the hardest time finding a place that I can afford, in a decent neighborhood, closer to work, and that comes with a frickin' washer and dryer. I guess people in Cali don't mind going to the laudromat but I've been over that since my college days and hated it then.

In late April, I found the perfect place. It was in Hermosa Beach (3 houses from the ocean). I couldn't see the ocean but from the street I could hear it. The only negative is that I would have to park on the street and parking by the beach in the summer and on weekends can be almost impossible. I submitted the application and the witch (and trust me I am being extremely nice) couldn't get my credit score because I have identity theft protection. All she had to do was call a number, press a few buttons, and VOILA! But NNOOOOOOOOOOOO! Long story short, she didn't do it, yelled at me for getting her in trouble with her boss, and I was heart broken.


You know the saying all things happen for a reason. Well it has come around full circle and given me a big hug! I decided to look on Craigslist in the wee hours Saturday morning. I saw a posting. Looked good. I emailed the lady. I woke up about 8am checked my email. She told me to call her. I called and left a message. She didn't call back. Oh well! But wait...Monday morning I received another email stating that she had accidentally given me the wrong phone number. I called her, went to see the place, and it is mine. It is wonderful! It is on the beach and has a washer and dryer. It is $300 more than I am paying now but I think it's worth it. If I go out onto my balcony and turn my head to the left I can see the OCEAN! I am planning on moving the week of June 21st. My new address will be:


211 Yacht Club Way Apt. 201
Redondo Beach, CA 90277


Don't you love the name of the road. It sounds so beachy! If anyone wants to come and visit let me know!

No comments: