Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Battle of the Appendix

Around 7pm on June 4, 2009 I started to get a stomach ache. As the night went on I got sick, had a fever with chills and just kept feeling worse. Finally, at 3:30am I called my mom and dad. I told my mom my symptoms and she thought I had an appendicitis and should go to the ER. Despite feeling awful, I cleaned up the house, took a shower, shaved my legs, packed an overnight bag and drove myself to the ER. I had a cat scan and was later told I had an appendicitis. Go Dr. Mom! The doctor said that he would be contacting a surgeon to have it removed that day. About 9am I was taken to my room and waited until about 3:30pm to be taken to the OR. My friends Dee and Yasmin came to see me earlier that day and when I came came out of surgery Dee was waiting for me in my room. I was released on June 5, 2009 at 11am. Dee took me home and took care of me over the weekend. I am doing well. I decided to go back to work on Thursday and Friday for half days. What a mistake! I felt awful by the end of those days. Well I've had a restful weekend and will be returning back to work tomorrow for the whole day.



PS I was going to post a picture but they were all disgusting! YUCK!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad your mom told you to go to the ER!