Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


I had a really nice day. My friend, Natalie and her 3 kids came to my place. We had enough food to feed an army (hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, poor man's caviar (salsa) with chips, chips and dip, watermelon, bing cherries and blueberries, apple pie, red velvet cupcakes, and my special cake that looks like a watermelon). Really enough food for an army!!! We went to the beach and then the pool. It was a beautiful day. I finally got into the Pacific Ocean. It was a little rough for me and knocked me down. But I got up and got out! LOL! We then went back to my place and played a few games, had some snacks, and went back to the beach to watch the fireworks. We could see many firework shows to the north while waiting for the fireworks in Redondo Beach. The firework shows were great. It's the first time I ever seen fireworks at the beach. The only negative was that we were freezing. I don't ever remember being cold on the 4th of July but that's what happens at the beach. It wasn't crowded. However, we had a place staked out and were sitting on our beach blankets when a large group of 20 people with chairs came and sat right in front of us. There's a whole frickin beach and they literally sat in front of us. If you didn't know you would have that we were with them. I guess some people have night vision problems. Oh well, we could still see the fireworks and had a great time. Happy Birthday America!!!

No comments: